Sea Salts Benefits
Sea salts have several uses. They are not only used in food but also to treat various diseases and physical disorders.
Sea salts are crude salts obtained by evaporating water from the sea. They are different from table salts that are refined in the factory using various industrial processes. Sea salts are more nutritious because they have higher mineral content.
Some chefs prefer cooking with sea salt and not the refined variety. French, Italian and Thai platters often have a sprinkling of sea salts. The health benefits are innumerable.
Sea Salts Benefits
- Sea salt cures asthma to a large extent. Sea salts placed on the tongue work much better than most inhalers. Wheezing, dry cough and similar conditions can be cured by taking an adequate amount of sea salt. It also cleanses the sinus cavity.
- In ancient times, sailors covered sores and wounds by applying sea salt on the affected areas. Sea salts are a strong antiseptic that can heal various kinds of wounds.
- Sea salt helps maintain proper electrolyte balance in the body. It makes the immune system stronger and is recommended for sportspersons.
- It regulates acidity levels in the body. If salt is not taken in adequate amounts, the body becomes increasingly acidic.
- Sea salt reduces stress. It is often used to treat depression and emotional disorders. It also helps cure severe disorders like Alzheimer's disease.
- Recent research shows that sea salts help prevent cancer by destroying cancerous tissues. This is a great discovery.
- Sea salt also checks diabetic tendencies. It stabilizes blood sugar levels and reduces the need for insulin.
Even though sea salt is one of the vital ingredients required by our body, excessive intake is not good for health. Over-consumption can increase blood pressure as well as cause nausea, excessive vomiting and headache. Excessive intake could also lead to edema and inflammation. Find out from your doctor whether your diet has the right amount of salt and water.
~ Ajeet Khurana